Corey and I finally arrived in NYC on Friday morning. Our place is extremely small but so nice. Granite countertops, subzero fridge, a microwave that doubles as an oven (which is weird but cooks really well), and dark hard-wood floors. The people in the building are really friendly - Corey and I are already good friends with the doorman, surprise, surprise. I was pleasantly surprised that we have a window seat, which will be a great place to work during the day. I would say that the only complaint so far is that the Double-Decker city tour buses stop at our building to talk about Wall Street. On Saturday morning, I couldn't figure it out for awhile... radio? drunk guy talking really loud? I finally realized after I heard "This is Wall Street" about a hundred times.After all of the packing and crazy times getting ready, we both got sick when we arrived... massive head colds, but it's getting better. Most of the weekend, we just wandered - times square, 5th Avenue (there is an H&M on every corner!), Central Park...We found a couple of cool eating places already - StoneStreet, which is a little cobblestone street full of restaurants with outdoor seating. It's definitely a small world- the people we sat next to at Adrienne's Pizza there were tourists from SLC. Saturday, we found this sweet cart called Halel's Chicken and Gyro. There were at least 50 people in line for this tiny food cart, so we knew it had to be good and it was amazing. It's funny, because there are a bunch of imitation carts nearby, but the only line was here. Corey starts work tomorrow; he's only a 20 minute walk from his building. It's weird that he walks by Ground Zero everyday. In fact, his building is one of the World Financial Center buildings. We just found out a couple of minutes ago that our friends, Blake and Jenny are coming for the weekend, so we will have more pics to post soon. Til next week...
TOOTH EXTRACTION FAIL
6 months ago

8 comments:
That is so funny your kitchen talbe is so little! i love the pictures!
You made it!!! That's awesome. I can't believe you're living in New York City!!! Kellie & Steve head out there this weekend, wish we were coming!
YAY! So glad you posted! and glad you made it! Looks like fun out there! I hope all went well with your project last night...Hopefully I get to talk to you today?
I love your place, and how freaking cool is your view from your window....Sucks about the tour bus, but hey, you are smack dab in the city, that rocks. Glad you made it safely and are enjoying it. I miss you already! Hope all is well, you look great!
Holy smokes lady, that is so sweet. I just had Klay come look at it and he's super jealous now. I told him we could do that if we didn't have kids and his exact words were, "Man, kids just mess everything up." :) We're sad we didn't get to see you before you left but I know you were so super busy. It's so fun to see pictures and hear your stories so keep up the blogging!
Looks like a sweet set-up! Hope you are having fun. Do lots of shopping for me out there.
Glad that you made it there okay. Looks like a sweet little place! Have fun with Blake and Jenny!
I have been waiting for pictures! Looks like so much fun! If you see Whitney (the city) tell her hello he he
Post a Comment