This 4th of July was much different than ones previously. We usually go to IF for the celebration. This year, we knew that going to IF for the holiday just wasn't possible or logical, so we decided to live it up in NYC and see what this city had to offer. It turned out awesome! We starteed the weekend with nothing better than sleep and laziness. Friday was sleep and movie day. We slept in and watched HBO and Starz movies. That night, we headed to The Proposal. I loved it. Corey actually enjoyed it too. If you like Miss Congeniality, you'll like this one... very similar in humor. And I found out they served slurpies at the theatre, which I think made the movie that much better.

We have been lucky to find so many good friends in our ward in such a short time. On Saturday, we went with one group to Jones Beach. It was so nice to be out of the city and next to the water. Other than frying my legs to a nice deep red (ouch), we had a great time.
We have been lucky to find so many good friends in our ward in such a short time. On Saturday, we went with one group to Jones Beach. It was so nice to be out of the city and next to the water. Other than frying my legs to a nice deep red (ouch), we had a great time.
When we came home from the beach, we were pleasantly surprised to see the street fair right on our street. After grabbing a fresh smoothie from one of the stands (they have all this fresh cut up fruit in front of you - you choose what and how much, they mix. mmm, delicious), we ran upstairs to get ready and came back outside to join the party. It was really fun to see the cool jewelry, purses, pottery, and food.
Last but not least was the firework show. We were planning to go to the big Macy's Firework show, but by the time night came, we were exhausted. so rather than fight crowds and sweaty people, we went to a really nice park by the Statue of Liberty and relaxed with another set of friends from the ward. At nightfall, we enjoyed some fireworks over the Hudson. It was a great 4th.

6 comments:
You hung out with Dave & Courtney! I totally know them! How funny. I cheered with Courtney at BYU (which you might have already figured out) and then Dave's brother is married to my close friend Elise (who I cheered with). Crazy! Looks like you had a great Fourth. I sure was weird not being in IF though.
I also loved the Proposal!! Good movie...Wish I was at the beach on the 4th, looks like fun! Oh, and I got Benson those little shoes at Target! They have little skulls on them too!
Yay for Jones' Beach and not for 3rd degree burns! All I know is that 3 days later we're still lathering up the aloe hourly!!
looking at your blog makes me miss NYC!!! I hope you're loving it!
-Marne
whats up girl? glad to see you are loving new york
What fun! How fast does 12 weeks go?
Post a Comment