Thursday, August 13, 2009

Goodbye New York!

Goodbye New York! Corey and I pack up tomorrow and fly back to Utah. What a fun and crazy adventure it's been. Goodbye to a great summer.

Goodbye to American Express and all of the amazing people Corey was able to work with. They treated us extremely well. Goodbye to the harbor that Corey's office sat next to - fun restaurants right on the water, ritzy boats, and a great view of the Hudson River - one of my favorite places on the island.


Goodbye to big buildings (30 Rock in the background). (actually, I won't miss you that much. You often blocked the sun, but you were fun to take pictures of)


Goodbye to amazing food. Never before have I had a selection of restaurants like this. Goodbye (hopefully) to all of the extra calories I gained from eating this food :) Goodbye to frozen hot chocolates and NYC pizza. Goodbye to delivery service! freshdirect, the online grocery service, and seamlessweb.com, the delivery service that served menus and delivery for almost every restaurant in the area. Ahh, I will miss that one quite a bit.

Most of all, goodbye to all of the great friends we made while we were here and the ones that moved here this summer (wish you could have come sooner, Kirsten and Steve, and Branden and Mands!). I don't mean to make this too dramatic of a post, but we really will miss this place. Back to Utah! I can't wait to see our family. Goodbye to New York! Until next time.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Tawnya said...

It sounds like you guys had an awesome summer. What an opportunity. I'm glad that it all went so well. We are excited for you to come home though!

Kim Davis said...

What a great adventure - thanks for sharing it with us through your blog!

Alisha said...

Weight Gain? WHAT weight gain? Erin you still look like a stick! Hope your bday was fantastic! I'm so glad you guys got to go to NYC. Can't wait to catch up with you soon! Love ya!

Lindsay said...

yay!!!!! You are comin back!!!!

Chelsea said...

Yay for summer jobs and internships! I miss ya! I will for sure stop by 5th ave, and I will have to give you a call! Hope you arent too depressed being back in UT.