This weekend my parents and Doug came down to talk to the BYU chemical engineering department for Doug, and, of course, attend the annual boat show! And a happy boat show it was:) Doug and I both left with amazingly nice wakeboards. Doug picked up Ronix One board, and I picked out the Byerly Monarch. Seriously, my dad was on a roll... he's so weak at these events. We were surprised that we didn't leave with a boat. He was smiling the entire time!

Okay, to make this clear, this isn't MY wakeboard. We needed a lighter board for the girls. We've been using Doug's heavy board for the past 5 years, and it's harder to use. Dad let me pick it out. It's so so light!! 6.5 pounds. I'm excited.
I even opened up my big mouth, like I usually do, and asked the sales guy if I was being ripped off by buying the nicer board (Was it a brand thing, or was it really a better board.) Stupid me, the sales guy was standing with the professional wakeboarder who created the board. Everyone started laughing, and Doug was really embarressed by me. Oops.

As you can see, Doug was able to get his board signed by the Ronix One sponsor- Danny Harf.
Doug was hilarious at the boat show. Earlier in the day, he was freaking out, because his "hero," Danny, was here from Orlando, Florida to ride on the wakeboard park rail at the boat show. (I don't even know who this guy is, but supposedly he's a big professional wakeboarder.) He was cheering dang loud when Danny rode the rail. Right after the wakeboard park show, Doug and I walked over to the Marine Products booth. Doug wanted to show me his "dream board," the board that Danny rides and helped create. As we start oohing and ahhing, a guy that we thought was a salesman comes up to us. This is what happened next: "Hey, do you want to know more about the board?" Doug: "sure." The guys says, "Hey, I'm Danny." Doug: "Danny Harf??" Danny: "Yeah." Doug: "Oh my gosh! Wow! Yes, tell me all about it." The rest was history. Doug was so excited; there was no way he was telling Danny that he didn't want the board. Dad was obviously already excited from looking at boats, and he let Doug purchase it. Even after the board was purchased, they sat and talked casually about wakeboarding and some of Danny's latest tricks. Doug is so excited that his board is now signed, and he thinks they are now good friends:) It's funny; he keeps referring to him on a first-name basis.
Doug and Danny

4 comments:
That's totally sweet you got hooked up with some new boards. Can't wait to see you do some sweet tricks on those at Powell this year :) That cracks me up with Doug and his new buddy Danny. And that pic of Chris in the fur coat tops it all off!!!
Cool new wakeboards! Just wanted to say thanks so much for putting together the little "hangout" while you were in town last week. It was just what I needed! Hope we can do that more!
Post a Comment