See this beautiful picture of traffic? Yes, I was stuck in it. Since I don't have any good pics of me and Corey to upload, I thought I'd share my fun experience from last night: Yesterday, at about 3:00, snow started to fall in Utah County. It was no big deal, as people in Utah are used to this weather. Well, as night came, the wind picked up, the snow drifted, and drivers couldn't see anything. It's about 5:30, and I decide to leave work to commute home. My normal 30 minute commute turned into a traffic nightmare. After being on the highway for about 2 hours, I decide to take an alternate route into Salt Lake County. As I pull off, I hear that I-15 through the Point of the Mountain is closed, so I feel pretty proud of myself for making a good move. Bad idea. I start heading west to Redwood Road. After about 2 hours on Lehi Main Street (I'd moved about 1 mile in the 2 hours), I get a call from my co-worker telling me that my alternate route is now closed (Later I find out that there was a 14 car pile-up and people had started to abandon their cars... therefore, no snow plows could get through and everyone was just stuck). Luckily, my co-worker called me before both ways were backed-up. So I turn around in the snow (thank you to my 4-wheel Xterra!) and head back. At this point, it's been 4 hours. I start to head east, thinking that I'll take the back roads. Then I hear that the Alpine Highway closed, so I was stuck again. All routes to Salt Lake County were closed at this point!!! I finally decide that it's not worth it and I turn around back to Orem. I stopped at Wendy's to get food, and they are only accepting cash, due to weather. I also stopped to fill up with gas; I had to wait in line to fill up, since the place was packed full of stranded people. Thanks to Ryan and Natalie, I crashed at their house for the rest of night, with nothing but my work laptop. This morning, as I was headed home, I saw abandoned cars all over the highway. I guess it was so bad for a bunch of elementary school buses; the kids stayed the night at the school. Fun times! Well, I'm glad I'm safe and I'm one of the lucky ones who didn't have to spend the night in my car. And thanks to my awesome 4-wheel car for getting me home safe. I wouldn't have made it in a civic.Anyway, that's it for now! I'll post some pics of me and Core as soon as I take em!
5 comments:
Wow, Erin! That sounds like a mess!I'm so glad you had friends to stay with. We were driving back to IF from SLC during that fun stuff, too, but luckily after three hours of craziness we finally made it to Brigham City and it was better after that. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!
Oh man, that sucks!!!!! I heard you guys got dumped on. Did you take the day off then today? lol. Happy heart day to you two!
so i just saw you made a comment on my blog and to reply back with some info. if you check out the comments under 'hole in one' adam gives his "witness" account of the event.
That is seriously outta control! I've never heard it being that bad. I would have been so frusturated sitting in that traffic for four hours and then not even making it home! Are you still working in Burbank??? Kellie and I are coming out for Kateo's cheer nationals the beginning of March. I'm staying with Adam's parents in Burbank March 5th & 6th then meeting up with my fam on Friday. That would be sweet if you were there. You might be done with that project but thought I'd see.
Thanks! I use photoshop. I have the complete software, but I hear you can go to Costco and get photoshop elements and it's perfect (and only $60 I think) I wish I had known that before... :) I haven't printed anything yet, because I'm planning on printing them in a bound book through shutterfly.com. I wrote about it in the comments under a post I made called Digital Scrapbooking on Feb.5... so check that out. I don't take up more room writing about it here. :) Hope you're doing good! I'm excited to see your scrapbooking!
Post a Comment