Sorry I've been a little MIA lately. We've been busy trying to get ready for our move and spending good quality time with family and friends in Idaho. Last weekend, Corey and I flew to Virginia to find housing. We spent one day touring different apartment complexes in Arlington and Alexandria and found a place that would work for us. The day after, we were out the door of our hotel to sign with this complex and got an email from a friend who graciously passed along information about a neighbor that was moving. The timing was crazy - the tenant posted the ad at around 8 AM, we had it in our inbox by about 10 AM, we called and visited the place around 2 (beating out another couple coming to look at the place by a half hour), and called the landlord around 2:30 to secure the lease. We lucked out. We never expected to get into a townhome, let alone a duplex-style with a driveway and a backyard! (believe me, these are luxuries in Arlington)
It is the cutest place and exactly what you'd expect when you think of Virginia homes - red brick, white porch and hardwood floors. We have tons of neighbors with kids (including several church-going families), a park, elementary school and library at the end of the street, and a 10-minute metro commute to DC (it stops directly in front of Corey's office). Seriously, we lucked out. I am sure most of you have these things already and may be laughing at my new "luxuries," but seriously, this is NOT normal in Washington DC.
Here are a few pics:



She was excited to hear about her new home too.
8 comments:
SOOO Exciting!! Congratulations!! I can't believe you're moving to DC. That's so awesome! I love the place!! Hope everything goes well with moving!! I'm moving Saturday too!!
I am so happy for you! I was wondering when you were going to give us an update. We miss you guys already. Kinley asks for Kelsey all the time and it almost brings tears to my eyes!
Perfect! Now we have a place to stay when we come visit ;) Seriously, that is a sweet pad - love the backyard. I was wondering how your weekend went. Oh yeah, and heard about your mom buying Kelsey some new "comfortable" clothes :)
Soooooooo cute!!! Love it
That's great news and I'm so excited for you guys! I sure wish that house was here in Utah but it should be fun! I will miss you guys!
You better come see us when you are in town at the end of the month!
O I love it! Good luck guys! We miss you.
yay! i am so excited for you guys!!! miss you tons! when you come to utah, you MUST visit us! oh, and your new house looks adorable!! very charming, though it could use an accent wall and some stenciling :)
Cute!! I'm so glad you guys are out here close to us! We are loving it out here and I know you guys will too! I am definitely in for meeting up so you just let me know when works for you :) There is so much to see and do around here, so our options are endless!
Post a Comment