After a lot of frustration, we came across an amazing place this week that is in a good price range. We talked to the people who own it and it's a done deal. This was done through CraigsList, which means no broker! The place is ON Wall Street. How cool is that? And the best part - it's 7 months old. Yep, you don't find that often in Manhattan. I guess the city has put a lot of effort into getting more residential into the financial district, and this is one of those new buildings. It is 462 square feet, no couch.... but everything else about it is great. Dishwasher, W/D in the unit (which is rare there), marble counters, dark hardwood floors, modern furnishings and bathroom, stainless steel appliances, subzero fridge, 42 inch plasma, two kitchen island carts, and brand new gym facilities and classes for free. One of the weirdest perks but still cool is that breakfast is served complimentary every morning in the lounge. The area is a little quiet at night, but we are two minutes from about 7 subways. and the place is 10 minutes from Corey's work (he works next to Ground Zero). I will continue to work with my current employer from the apartment, so it will be nice to see Corey at nights since he doesn't have a long commute. Anyway, if you are still reading my long story (sorry, can you tell I'm excited?), here are a few pics:




As you can see, we are super relieved and ready to go.
14 comments:
That's a really nice apartment! It is like living in a honeymoon suite for 12 weeks. That would be fun. Are you guys there already, or when do you get there? Are you driving out? If so you should crash here on your way. I think this is on the way. We have been wanting to go to NY so maybe we can come while you are there and you can give us a tour!
Congrats on the new place it's so nice. I am glad you found something.
Wow, look at you two livin' the high life! :) It looks so nice and modern! How lucky you are that you found something so new and nice, without all those extra costs! So did Corey find out exactly when he starts? You need to come see us before you leave, or we'll make a trip down there! I really wish we could come visit, but will baby J I'm thinking not this summer. Maybe if you end up there when Corey's done... We're going to miss you guys!
Looks like so much fun! I can't believe you guys will be living on Wall Street! Do you think we could come crash on your couch when we come to visit? :)
Oh my gosh its gorgeous!!! Even better than I pictured Erin! I'm so excited for you guys! and yes I'm definitely going to have to come visit! :)
Your place looks awesome! I'm glad that it worked out so well for you. Tyson doesn't think we will make it to NY this summer. Maybe I'll have to go solo! :)
I am sooooo jealous of you, these 12 weeks will be a blast. Have so much fun and nice diggs!
I love it! I can't believe you guys get to be in NYC for the summer. Definitely something we need to try one day. Are you taking a leave? or still working?
You will not need a car there at all! We had an amazing trip and we know right where you guys will be staying and the area. We had a blast. Have brosef (Sp) call Brad for more details.
How exciting! That looks like such a nice place. Keep us updated on this exciting adventure.
Wow Erin that place looks really nice and fantsy! I think Heather and I might have to come out and visit...
Congrats to Corey for getting that internship!
Hey Erin! That apt is so awesome, what a sweet deal! We lived in CT last summer so we were only a couple hours NYC..you will LOVE it..as long as you don't have to drive in the city:) Good luck!!
Wow, I love the sink! You did very well!! We'll try and see you soon..
It looks amazing! and super nice!
Post a Comment